There are several steps to achieving the lush, gloriously green lawn of your dreams!
- To start out, you have to have grass! If your yard is full of weeds, consider having sod installed. It’s more cost effective than you think and is a great start to your dream yard. If your grass is scattered with weeds here and there, we can effectively spray weed killer and a nutrient-rich fertilizer to help the grass cover all the weedy areas.
- Early in the spring, or late in the fall, have a core aeration and overseeding completed. A core aeration will pull out “plugs” or “cores” of dense dirt to help the roots of the grass spread out. This will help the grass absorbs nutrients more easily and will cause the grass to have stronger root-hold. Our core aeration is coupled with an overseeding of quality grass seed to add to the lushness of your yard.
- Water, water, water! Also, water! Particularly with new lawns, but all lawns love water. It’s best to give a long, deep watering before 9am or before the sun is too hot. If this isn’t possible, grass will also appreciate a watering as the sun is setting. Water every day for new lawns. Existing lawns need water ever day to every two days.
- Grass should be kept relatively short but varies for every lawn based on sun and water exposure. Our landscape specialists will be able to cut your lawn to a healthy height weekly.
- To achieve the greenest grass, enroll in our enhanced Lawn Care Program. In addition to your weekly cut and weed whack, we’ll apply season-specific fertilizer, crabgrass control, and grub control. Our specific program has shown great results for our customers. Ask us for a referral, and they’d love to share their green lawn experiences with you!
If you’re interested, we’d love to share even more information with you. Our professionals are expertly trained and we love to share our knowledge with our customers.